Do you need a nanny for your child who has one or more of the following?
· Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
· Verbal or Non-Verbal
· Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
· Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
· Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
· Behavioral Problems (or Problem Behaviors)
· Or a combination of those or other disorders
Are you a family who currently has personal issues that make finding a nanny difficult (separations, foster care, addiction recovery, etc.)
Then you have stumbled across the right nanny page!
My Services Include:
Quality child care
· A well-rounded, fun, age appropriate schedule for the child (emphasis on fun and educational!). Focus in life skills, social skills, parallel and cooperative play; engagement through reading and storytelling will occur. Your child’s abilities will be highlighted and deficiencies strengthened.
· Communication style will encourage respect and growth.
· Celebrating the child for who they are (stimming included)
· Unconditional love and nurturing.
· Spanking, yelling and other punishments are forbidden. Even time outs are usually forbidden. I use alternative methods (redirection, planned ignoring of negative behavior when applicable, teaching coping techniques, etc.).
· If I am being hired specifically to work with a child or children who have behavioral concerns due to my experience, education and training, there is an expectation that I will be taking the lead on the behavioral issues (i.e. finding out the function of the behaviors, etc.) I WILL keep the parents informed of what I am doing and why at all times.
· I will also provide “teaching” sessions for the family upon request to ensure everyone can implement the same strategies.
· Personal Care:
· Personal hygiene (hand washing, etc.), Dressing, bathing
· Potty training if applicable
· I will handle the child’s meals when on duty, as well as the child's laundry, and keep toy/child's areas picked up and organized
· I will keep my infant/child CPR and First Aid /AED certifications up to date, and will get the Flu shot when available.
· Will provide any other care the parents request, as long as it relates directly to the child or is in the child's best interest.
What I will not do:
· I will not judge the family nor its members.
· I will not judge the child or children.
· I will not spread personal family information outside of the house (and am willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement as part of my contract.)
· I will not eavesdrop, or in any way violate the privacy of the family I work for.
What I will do:
· I will provide quality care for your child/children and your family
· I will provide support, or find the resources to accommodate the needs of the child and family
· I will provide stability and love to your child/children and family
· I will make a positive difference in the lives of your children and your family.