Do you need a nanny for your child who has one or more of the following?
Does your family need short-term guidance on how to handle children with one or more of the following?
Does your family meet one or more of the unique dynamics and do you need help?
· Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
· Verbal or Non-Verbal
· Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
· Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
· Oppositional Defiance Disorder (ODD)
· Maladaptive or Problem Behaviors
· Or a combination of those or other disorders
Are you a family who currently has a family dynamic going on that makes finding a nanny difficult (single parent, foster care, behavioral issues, addiction concerns in the home, etc.)
Then you have stumbled across the right nanny page!
My Nanny Services Include:
Quality child care
· A well-rounded, fun, age-appropriate schedule for the child (emphasis on fun and education!). The focus on life skills, social skills, parallel and cooperative play; engagement through reading and storytelling. Your child’s abilities will be highlighted and deficiencies strengthened. Communication style will encourage respect and growth. Celebrating the child for who they are (stimming included- stims are not a bad thing!) · Personal hygiene (handwashing, etc.), Dressing, bathing will also be a focus.
· I do not believe in spanking, yelling, or punishments. Even time-outs are forbidden. I use alternative methods (redirection, planned ignoring of maladaptive behavior when applicable, teaching coping techniques, etc.) as a way of changing challenging behaviors and preventing meltdowns or tantrums.
I expect to take the lead on the behavioral issues while keeping all family members in the loop to know what methods are working and why. failure is NOT an option for me, so I will get positive results.
· As a Coach:
I will teach the family about behavior, problem behavior, and understanding the functions of behavior (purpose of the behaviors). I will also teach you what to do once you understand the functions of behavior to change those behaviors. I will offer not only my thoughts and advice but I will also offer solutions and help find resources to meet the needs of the children and family.
· As a Nanny and /or Coach:
· Potty training if applicable
· I will handle the child’s/children's meals when on duty, as well as the child's laundry, and keep toy/child's areas picked up and organized
· I will keep my infant/child CPR and First Aid /AED certifications up to date and will get the Flu shot when available and now will include Covid-19 vaccinations when available.
· Will provide any other care the parents request, as long as it relates directly to the child/children or is in the child's/children's best interest.
What I will not do:
· I will not judge the family nor its members.
· I will not judge the child or children.
· I will not spread personal family information outside of the house (and am willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement as part of my contract.)
· I will not eavesdrop, or in any way violate the privacy of the family I work for.
What I will do:
· I will provide quality care for your child/children and your family
· I will provide support, or find the resources to accommodate the needs of the child and family
· I will provide stability and love to your child/children and family
· I will make a positive difference in the lives of your children and your family.
What I bring to the table:
· 26+ years of childcare experience
· I was a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
· I was a Registered Line Technician
· Am the Advocate for Special Needs at the US Nanny Association
· Sit on the National Domestic Worker's Platform Workers Council
· Member of the International Nanny Association (INA)
· Contributing Writer for Nanny Magazine 2017 to 2019
· Co-Founder of Southern Louisiana Nanny Association
· Annual Organizer of International Nanny Training Day: New Orleans 2016-2018
· First Aid/CPR/AED certified
· Clear background checks
· Excellent Education
· Superb References
· Reliable Transportation with a great safety rating
· Good driving record